The Center of Everything

Screen Shot 2013-08-12 at 11.59.50 PM

Written by Linda Urban

For Ruby Pepperdine, the “center of everything” is on the rooftop of Pepperdine Motors in her donut-obsessed town of Bunning, New Hampshire, stargazing from the circle of her grandmother Gigi’s hug.  That’s how everything is supposed to be—until Ruby messes up and things spin out of control. But she has one last hope. It all depends on what happens on Bunning Day, when the entire town will hear Ruby read her winning essay. And it depends on her twelfth birthday wish—unless she messes that up too. Can Ruby’s wish set everything straight in her topsy-turvy world?

3 thoughts on “The Center of Everything

1. This was a very different book. Ruby the main character is not very reliable person.She is always staring off into space and getting herself or friends into trouble. Since her grandmother Gigi had died, she is always trying to find out what Gigi meant when she was talking before her death. Then, when her quarter flies threw captain Bunning’s donut, she does not know what to think. This book was a little all over the place. I give it 3 stars.

2. The Center Of Everything was an odd and a little confusing book. Though I liked the topic the author chose, I think she turned it into a too complex book that some kids wouldn’t understand completely. I think that it was a little out of order. 3 stars